Prep Time: 20 mins
Cook Time: 20 mins
Total Time: 45 mins
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 onion, peeled and diced using the RookieChef Slicer Dicer
- 1 bell pepper, diced using the RookieChef SlicerDicer
- 1 lb lean ground turkey or beef
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1 Tablespoon of Worchestershire Sauce
- 1/4 cup of Brown Sugar
- ¼ cup water
- salt and pepper to taste
- 6-8 sandwich buns
- With the help of your parents, put a large skillet on the stove and heat on medium (be careful while using the skillet because it is hot).
- Add the oil, onion, bell pepper and ground turkey/beef to the skillet. Cook for 8-10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the veggies are soft and the meat is no longer pink. Add the ketchup, Worchestershire sauce, brown sugar and water to the cooked meat mixture in the skillet and stir well.
- Turn down the heat to medium low and let simmer until the sandwich filling is as thick as you like, about 5-10 minutes. Taste the filling and add salt and pepper to taste.